3Year old Baby Burnt To Death After been Left All Alone In Fire Outbreak

Tragedy struck in two separate incidents

in Lagos, yesterday, when a three-month-

old infant, Abiodun Alabi was roasted to

death while 57-year-old Mr. Edwin Nwosu

also suffered burnt.

Both incidents occured overnight in Badagry and LASU-Ojo area of Lagos during two separate fire outbreaks.

The Badagry incident occurred at Wazobia

Junction, Tako 11, when a nursing mother,

who is an occupant of a self contained

apartment, went for a vigil, leaving the

infant, a female, in custody of her 10-

year-old son. She was alleged to have carelessly lit a candle in the apartment.

It was learnt that her husband rarely

comes home partly being a transporter.

Unfortunately, the boy left both his younger one and the candle at home and headed for a neighbour's apartment to watch television and eventually passed the night with them.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the candle however burnt out completely and

escalated, which led to the outbreak that

consumed the entire apartment and

roasted the infant to death before help

could come.

The LASU-Ojo incident where the 57-

years-old suffered burns occurred in a

storey building at No. 10 Mayegun Street,

Franklas Bus stop, LASU-Ojo Road when

the victim was fuelling a generating set

which suddenly went up in flames.

The inferno affected his thighs and limbs

but response promptly came from the

Lagos State Fire Services.

Confirming both incidents, Director of the

state fire services, Razaq Fadipe condemned the use of candles for domestic use.

He advised people to go for rechargeable

lamps in place of candles: "There are

rechargeable lamps which are bright and

affordable. We should go for these instead of endangering our lives by burning candles."

Source=vanguardngr.com

About Admin 229 Articles
Am a blogger with about 6 years experience in the blogosphere. Kind, caring, loyal, submissive and very considerate.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply