accounts which is believed to be in the red, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Senator Bala Mohammed is alleged to have concluded plans to use the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) to carry out a secret employment of no fewer than 500 workers before the end of April 2015.
Information pieced together by Per
Second News indicates that the planned
secret recruitment is in clear contravention of the rule that placed an embargo on employment of new staff and an attempt to cover up some expenditures that cannot be reconciled.
The letters of employment which are
prearranged with beneficiaries are backdated by about six months with a view to give the impression that the recruitment was carried out before the election.
It was further gathered that members of the establishment unit were called to attend an emergency meeting slated for
Friday April 24, 2015 ostensibly to approve the employment and commence issuance of letters to approved candidates.
The planned recruitment of the workers is
being carried out under the cover of filling
existing vacancies identified by the Establishment Department of the FCDA.
With barely 36 days for the incoming
administration to assume governance of
the country, the Establishment department of the FCDA has been directed to attend a meeting to approve the recruitment of the staff.
A top management staff of the FCDA, who
pleaded anonymity said the planned
recruitment is nothing but a fraud designed to make the incoming administration inherit huge recurrent expenditure.
Per Second News can authoritatively confirm that the planned meeting of the
Establishment department to ratify the
proposed secret employment has set
tongues wagging, as top bureaucrats are
alleging that the names of those to be
employed are mostly candidates of PDP
It was further gathered that qualified
candidates who had earlier applied and
submitted CVs for employment and were
shortlisted by the Establishment department last year are not being
considered in the on-going exercise.
A top management staff of the FCDA told
our correspondent on condition of anonymity that if the exercise is allowed
to go on, it will create problems for the
incoming government of the APC particularly against the backdrop of the
fact that it was not captured in the 2015
According to him; “What Bala Mohammed
should be doing right now is preparing his
hand over notes and not employing new
staff to compound the problems to be
inherited by the General Buhari government. The out-going FCT Minister
should not be allowed to recruit cronies
and candidates of politicians who have
lost out in the political equation.
“Having failed an election, the Bala
Mohammed-led administration of the FCT
is only interested in serving the interest of
PDP politicians who have now found themselves in political gutters,” said the
When contacted on the matter, Spokesman of the FCDA, Richard Nduul, said the allegation is not true saying;
”there is nothing like that.”
Source=Per Second News