Nigerians in anxious wait for identities of 293 girls/women freed from Sambisa Forest

Photo credit = Punchng

After news emerged that nigerian troops stumbed Sambisa Forest earlier today April 28 2015, and freed 200 girls plus 93 women from Sambisa forest, Many observers have been very anxious to know if the abducted Chibok School girls, that where kidnapped last year are amongst those that where rescued.

Leader of BRING BACK OUR GIRLS CAMPAIGN Mr oby Ezekwesili, who is a former Minister of Education, stated that “We are super anxious to hear the report of the interim evaluation of the 200 Girls and 93 women rescued by our military. Will be a long night”

it was reported that at least three major camps of the terrorist sect has been destroyed, including the notorious Tokumbere camp located inside Sambisa forest.

In a very carefully executed operation, the nigerian troops stormed Sambisa forest which have been harbouring the militant group and abducted citizen for some months now, and freed about 300 girls and women.

While confirming the operation the
Director Defence Information, Major
General Chris Olukolade said he could not
confirm the identity of the freed victims
and their origins and he could not state if
any of them was from Chibok until after
thorough screening and proper
investigations.

He said: “I can only confirm the rescued
this afternoon of 200 girls and 93 women
in different camps in the forest. We are yet to determine their origin as all the freed persons are now being screened and profiled. Please don’t misquote me on their origin. We will provide more details later.”

Curled from vanguardngr.com  

About Admin 229 Articles
Am a blogger with about 6 years experience in the blogosphere. Kind, caring, loyal, submissive and very considerate.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply